Manipal Dot Net Pvt Ltd has an opening for a self-motivated, team-oriented, hard-working senior software engineer to work on various challenging projects.
- Design, build, and maintain a large code base of systems software, using the C and/or C++ languages.
- Develop highly efficient code, with real-time performance constraints.
- The overall project consists of multiple layers – a high level GUI layer, middle level API layers, and low level systems software layers. The candidate is expected to work collaboratively with members from the different teams, to design and implement new project features which span the multiple layers.
- Continuously enhance the code by incorporating newer technologies, improving the code structure and performance, and finding/fixing bugs.
- Take increasing levels of ownership of the code base, and provide guidance to junior team members over time.
Desirable Skill Set:
- Over 2 years of software development experience using the C/C++ language, in a Linux environment. Must be experienced in working with large code base (thousands of lines of code).
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux, shell programming, vi/Emacs.
- Exposure to version control (SVN/CVS), Makefiles is an advantage.
- Knowledge of networking protocol stacks is desirable.
- Prior exposure to FPGA based design would be an advantage.
- Must be a quick learner, and hit the ground running.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple international cultures
- Motivated by quality and excellence, and takes pride in the quality of work
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem Solving: Exemplary problem solving and decision-making skills are required. Ability to work with minimal direction. Have the ability to think deductively and creatively.
- MS/MSc/MTech/MCA with 2+ years of experience in the area of Software development. (BE/BTech in Computers/Software Engineering/Electronics with 3+ years of experience may also be considered).