Manipal Dot Net Pvt Ltd has openings for self-motivated, team-oriented, hard-working Web QA
Engineers, to contribute to an exciting project in Information Extraction from semi structured
- Verify and validate Xpath templates that extract attributes from HTML product pages.
- Understand Information Extraction requirements; translate these into test approaches that include exploratory manual/visual testing and any additional automated tests deemed appropriate.
- Provide input to our existing test frameworks (manual/automated) from points of view of test coverage, performance, etc.
- Work under minimal supervision and collaborate effectively with Head of QA, Project Managers, and Developers to realize your QA deliverables.
- Proactively suggest and take ownership of improvements to QA processes and methodologies by employing other technologies and tools, including but not limited to: browser add-ons, Excel add-ons, UI-based test automation tools etc.
- Provide training and guidance to junior colleagues when necessary
- Draw conclusions about data quality by producing basic descriptive statistics, summaries, and visualizations.
- Prepare regular testing reports, summarizing product quality and stability.
Desirable Skill Set:
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English; confident communicator; able to communicate on both technical and non-technical levels with various stakeholders
- Prior QA experience in testing HTML Information Extraction engines (where the focus was on verifying data and information quality, rather than testing application functionality) is a distinct advantage
- Solid grasp of web technologies and protocols (HTML, XPath, JSON, HTTP, CSS etc.) and experience in developing tests for retail and e-commerce webpages is desirable
- Experienced in the use of browser-based debuggers e.g. Chrome debugger.
- Experienced in the use of code sharing repositories e.g. Github.
Excellent general computer skills:
- Web Browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Firefox).
- Document and Spreadsheet Editing (Microsoft Office or Open Office).
- Email (Thunderbird).
- Good typing skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to thoroughly follow written instructions.
- Creative thinking ability to design new test scenarios.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a quick learner.
- Must be self-motivated, and work productively with minimal supervision.
- BSc(Computers)/BCA/BE/ME/MSc/MCA in Electronics/Computers/IT Systems.
- Master ´s Degree Preferred.
- Prior industry experience, in web testing and automation is preferred.
- Candidates without experience in this domain may be considered for Trainee positions.