Manipal Dot Net Pvt Ltd has openings for self-motivated, team-oriented, hard-working Web
Development Engineers, to work on an exciting project in Information Extraction from semi
structured HTML pages.
- Take ownership for the development, testing and maintenance of software tools used to parse source htmls of various retailer domains.
- Develop yaml templates containing generic and efficient XPath rules.
- Identify a diverse and representative set of product pages of various retailer domains for testing and development.
- Fix bugs and other problem issues in the yaml templates.
- Respond to urgent client requirements – bug fixing for priority domains when required by the client.
- Maintain READMEs, spreadsheets and daily reports with detailed information and statistics about the domains worked on.
Desirable Skill Set:
- Strong foundation in the application of XPath to processing XML/HTML.
- Good knowledge and experience of the Linux operating system and Bash scripting.
- Experienced in the use of browser-based debuggers e.g. Chrome debugger.
- Experienced in the use of code sharing repositories e.g. Github.
- Good English skills – reading/writing/speaking.Excellent general computer skills:
- Web Browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Firefox).
- Document and Spreadsheet Editing (Microsoft Office or Open Office).
- Email (Thunderbird).
- Good typing skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to thoroughly follow written instructions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Quick learner.
- Team-oriented, with good interpersonal skills.
- Must be self motivated, and demonstrate a´can do´ attitude.
- Bachelor´s Degree (BSc/BE/BCA) in Electronics/Computers/IT Systems
- Master´s Degree Preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in web-based application development.