Manipal Dot Net Pvt Ltd has an opening for a self-motivated, team-oriented, hard-working Senior Communication Engineer to work on a challenging project.
This posting is for a Team Lead / Manager / Senior Developer for a project on a new System-on-chip for transport of video, DOCSIS 3.0, DOCSIS 3.1, DOCSIS 4.0 data in distributed access architecture (DAA) in digital hybrid fiber/coax (HFC) network. The SoC works with packet network on one side and other side we have a cable network connecting large number of cable modems.
- Management/leadership of team of size 1 – 4.
- Primary responsibility is QA cycle, inter-operability testing with cable head-ends, FPGA boards, and cable modems
ANDSome development of firmware for packet processing, modulator, demodulator and host SW development on Linux
- Test framework development
- Test development (end-to-end) from requirement specifications
- Bring up of end-to-end use cases with EVKs and/or Emulation platform.
- Execution of QA cycle and automation
Desirable Skill Set:
- Knowledge of IDE such as VSCode/Atom/Eclipse
- Knowledge of version control systems, SVN/Git/CVS
- Self starter, and quick learner.
- Enthusiastic to independently explore, debug and resolve issues.
- Meticulous – strong attention to detail.
- Team player who inspires, motivates and keeps the Team together.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Commitment to excellence with independent problem solving skills.
- Masters Degree (MTech/ME/MSc/MS) in E&C or related.
- Working experience with SoCs for communication and video broadcast – cable/wireless/wireline.
- Familiarity with concepts of modulation/demodulation using QAM, OFDM, IP protocols (IPv4/IPv6, L2TPv3 etc.)
- Languages known – C / Python
- Version control system (bitbucket/git), Jenkins and integration in CI
- 3 - 5 years of industry experience in Electronics Communication domain preferred.
- Knowledge of DOCSIS and cable video transmission is desirable.