Manipal Dot Net is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work on virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR). At MDN you will build cutting-edge research prototypes that explore the future of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR). You will be commissioned to build a world-class team experimenting with bold ideas in areas including displays, computer vision, user experience, data visualization and perceptual psychology. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
- Analyze, design, develop and debug real time VR, AR and 3D visualization software for advanced prototypes and user experiences.
- Assist/mentor team members (internal and external) and collaborate in a team environment across multiple disciplines
- Own all aspects of product design activities starting at early stages of the concept design, into prototyping and manufacturing while onboarding and guiding team members
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of VR problem solving
- Conduct, contribute to, and lead key research activities including lab studies, in-context fieldwork, surveys, design sprints, literature reviews, and other forms of domain, formative, and evaluative research for VR applications and software systems.
Desirable Skill Set:
- Deep C++ skill set and a passion for working on breakthrough new technology
- 3D Math whiz with a background in real time systems such as games
- Solves novel problems from first principles
- Can work at all levels of the software stack, from device drivers to OS, core libraries to user interfaces
- Experience working on Unreal or Unity game development engines
- Proficient with virtual reality hardware such as HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Samsung Gear VR, Google Daydream View, or similar
- Expertise in Oculus platform, Oculus mobile SDK
- Proficient with development using Unity3D, Unreal, or similar
- Experience working with 3D graphics, data visualization, graphics API (OpenGL/Vulkan) and high performance rendering
- Familiarity with Google Tango or Jump
- Solid understanding of data analysis and statistical methods
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3D math and linear algebra skills
- 3 or more years recent C++ experience, including modern C++ features
- 3 or more years experience creating software for games or other real time environments.
- Proven track record of professional software development, including shipping one or more products.
- Problem solving and optimization ability
- Demonstrated experience working across disciplines to drive optimal solutions
- Experience with 3D graphics hardware and driver stack
- Passionate about data visualization, interactive design, and digital storytelling.
- Ability to demonstrate VR/AR/3D game development skills (e.g., a website or portfolio that can be reviewed)