Sr. Big Data Analytics Software Engineer [Job Code:SBDA-SE] (Software Development)
Manipal Dot Net Pvt Ltd has an opening for a self-motivated, team-oriented, hard-working senior software engineer to work on various challenging projects.
- Develop highly efficient code, for high performance BigData cluster environments.
- Install and test proof of concept and production level Hadoop clusters.
- Management of Hadoop cluster, with all included services + ability to solve any ongoing issues with operating the cluster.
- Continuously enhance the code by incorporating newer technologies, improving the code structure and performance, and finding/fixing bugs.
- Take increasing levels of ownership of the code base.
- Work with the customers to solve the issues faced by customers.
- Development , support, maintenance and implementation of components of project module.
Desirable Skill Set:
- Over 2 years of experience with BigData technologies like Hadoop, HDFS,
- Over 2 years of experience with BigData technologies like Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, Mapreduce + experience in any of the Hadoop distributions such as Hortonworks HDP/Cloudera.
- Over 2 years of experience with Java and C programming + experience with scala programming is an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux, shell scripting, Python, PostgreSql/ MySql.
- Experience with of Linux file systems driver development is an advantage.
- Exposure to version control (SVN/CVS), Makefiles, Maven, Ant is an advantage.
- Must be a quick learner, and hit the ground running.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple international cultures
- Motivated by quality and excellence, and takes pride in the quality of work
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem Solving: Exemplary problem solving and decision-making skills are required. Ability to work with minimal direction. Have the ability to think deductively and creatively.
- Exemplary problem solving and decision-making skills are required. Ability to work with minimal direction. Have the ability to think deductively and creatively.
- MS/MTech/MSc/MCA with 2+ years of experience in the area of Software development. (BE/BTech in Computers/Software Engineering/Electronics with 3+ years of experience may also be considered).