Manipal Dot Net Pvt Ltd has an opening for a self-motivated, team-oriented, hard-working Junior Communication Engineer to work on a challenging project.
This posting is for an Independent contributor in a project on a new System-on-chip for transport of video, DOCSIS 3.0, DOCSIS 3.1, DOCSIS 4.0 data in distributed access architecture (DAA) in digital hybrid fiber/coax (HFC) network. The SoC works with packet network on one side and other side we have a cable network connecting large number of cable modems.
- Primary responsibility is QA cycle, inter-operability testing with cable head-ends and, FPGA boards, and cable modems
- Development of firmware for packet processing, modulator, demodulator and host SW development on Linux
- Test development (end-to-end) from requirement specifications
- Bring up of end-to-end use cases with EVKs and/or Emulation platform.
- Execution of QA cycle and automation
Desirable Skill Set:
- Knowledge of IDE such as VSCode/Atom/Eclipse
- Knowledge of version control systems, SVN/Git/CVS
- Self starter, and quick learner.
- Enthusiastic to independently explore, debug and resolve issues.
- Meticulous – strong attention to detail.
- Team player who works well with the Team.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Commitment to excellence with independent problem solving skills.
- Bachelors Degree (BTech/BE/BS) in E&C or related is required. Masters Degree (Mtech/ME/MS/MSc) is preferred.
- Familiarity with communication and video broadcast preferred.
- Familiarity with QAM, OFDM, IP protocols preferred.
- Version control system, Jenkins and integration in CI preferred.
- Languages – C / Python preferred.